Project Beautiful - Inside and Out is a Michigan-based non-profit organization launched in March 2015. Our mission is to build confidence and inspire hope as individuals and families rebuild their lives -- to bring smiles to people when they need it most. Thank you for your interest and support!
OVER $80,000 INFUSED INTO METRO DETROIT IN 2017 by Project Beautiful - Inside & Out!
SIMPLY WOW! A big thank you to all the friends and supporters that helped make 2017 such an amazing year for Project Beautiful - Inside and Out! We were able to infuse into Metro Detroit over $80,000 in tangible gifts and donations to individuals and organizations -- inspiring hope, building confidence, and creating special moments that bring smiles to individuals when they need it most!
Here are highlights, please click each event for details and event photos:
- January 2017 - Middlecott Sketchbattle raised over $6000 for our general fund!
- January 2017 - AutoShow Talk and Walk treated 25 teens from foster care and shelters to lunch, a career talk and the North American International Auto Show with 10 auto industry professionals.
- January 2017 - Let's Do Lunch! where we treated the special needs employees at Cooper Street Cookies to a catered lunch from Vinsetta Garage and two movie passes each!
- March 2017 - Art&Soul Shopping Spree treated 20 foster children to a shopping spree at Kohl's where they each got to spend $200, plus Ray's Ice Cream!
- March 2017 - Bloomfield Community Television's "About You" where Executive Director, Doris Gilles, appeared and discussed Project Beautiful - Inside and Out's start and mission.
- April 2017 - Project One's Who's Your Bartender? where along with 11 other teams of bartenders, we helped raise $75,000!!!, $45,000 of which was distributed to the charities.
- April 2017 - Rainbow Cabaret where we raised $40,000 for The Ruth Ellis Center, supporting homeless LGBTQ youth in Detroit!
- April 2017 - Panties in a Bunch Brunch! attended by over 60 friends bringing donations for our Mother's Day efforts!
- May 2017 - Mother's Day where we supported three domestic violence shelters with gift bags for the moms, brunch on Mother's Day, Needs List item donations, and a donation of $1500 per shelter for project of their choosing.
- June 2017 - United Community Family Services a U.S. government approved social services agency to whom we donated $2000 for new mattresses for their refugee clients.
- June 2017 - Cocktails for a Cause at Penny Black Bar & Grille in Rochester where guest bartenders Paula Tutman and Ralph Gilles raised nearly $2100 for Project Beautiful - Inside & Out!
- June 2017 - Pure Romance Happy Hour hosted by Vivian Pickard and Jessie Elliott raised another $1500 for Ruth Ellis Center!
- July 2017 - Concours d'Elegance of America at The Inn at St. John's - Saturday Luncheon Partner!
- September 2017 - Cocktails for Confidence at Penny Black in Rochester raise $1750 for the Rochester Community House!
- October 2017 - Drive Out Childhood Cancer at M1 Concourse raised $7000 for DC Strong!
- November 2017 - Class for a Cause by Pure Barre Rochester raises $715 for Project Beautiful - Inside and Out programs!
- December 2017 - 20,000 Smiles donates $2,000 each to 10 Metro Detroit Non-Profit Organizations!
We are excited to do even more in 2018 to support individuals and families as they rebuild their lives!
MIDDLECOTT SKETCHBATTLE - January 16th!!!
This "Fight Club of Design" is expected to draw nearly 500 auto industry designers, executives, media and design students. Designers, sketchers and artists will compete in a live automotive sketching "deathmatch" with $2500 Grand Prize for the title of International Sketchmaster. The Detroit event features the winners from Las Vegas and Los Angeles competing against last year's Detroit winner and the best competitors from around the globe.
Project Beautiful - Inside & Out is honored to be the charity beneficiary for a third year in a row! Over $9,000 has been raised over the past two years. The event will include a Silent Auction of many awesome car, racing and art related items - all proceeds to benefit Project Beautiful.
Special thanks to the great sponsors and partners: BASF, Lacks Enterprises, HARMAN, Linkage Design, Covestra and Kart2Kart.
A donation of $15 is requested for tickets in advance (tax deductible) – 100% of the proceeds go to Project Beautiful. We expect the event to sell out as space is limited – unclaimed tickets may be available at the door for a $20 donation. Student tickets request a donation of $5 in advance, $10 at the door - must have an .edu email address and show student ID at the door.
CLICK HERE for tickets!
- Tuesday 1/16/18, 7-11pm - Sketchbattle at St. Andrews Hall!
- Sunday 4/29/18 - Panties in a Bunch Brunch!
- Saturday 7/28/18 - Concours d'Elegance of America Luncheon!