Project Beautiful - Inside and Out is a Michigan-based non-profit organization launched in March 2015. Our mission is to build confidence and inspire hope as individuals and families rebuild their lives -- to bring smiles to people when they need it most. Thank you for your interest and support!
Project Beautiful - Inside & Out Donates $20,000!
$2000 each to 10 Metro Detroit Organizations = 20,000 Smiles
This holiday season, Project Beautiful - Inside & Out launched "Twenty Thousand Smiles!" Our 10 board members each selected a Metro Detroit non-profit organization to receive a $2,000 grant -- a total of $20,000 in donations to the community from Project Beautiful - Inside and Out! We chose organizations/projects that align with our mission - to build confidence and inspire hope as individuals and families rebuild their lives, to bring smiles to people when they need it most. Working with these ten organizations, we hope to brighten the holiday season for so many!
Click here to learn more about each organization and how Project Beautiful - Inside and Out's donation will be used!
PURE BARRE ROCHESTER "CLASS FOR A CAUSE" RAISES $715 for Project Beautiful - Inside & Out!
Saturday, November 18, 2017, Rochester, MI
A big THANK YOU to owner of Pure Barre Rochester, Kristin Mitzel, and her team for their "Class for a Cause" event on Saturday, November 18th which raised $715 for Project Beautiful - Inside and Out!!! All classes throughout the morning were FREE to attend, in lieu of donations to Project Beautiful - Inside and Out. The studio also donated a portion of retail purchases!
Four board members attended - and felt sore all over for days! Best of luck to Kristin with the opening of her new studio in Shelby Township early in 2018!
DRIVE OUT CHILDHOOD CANCER raises $7000 for DC STRONG!
Sunday, October 8, 2017 at M1 Concourse, Pontiac MI
We couldn't have asked for more perfect weather for Project Beautiful - Inside & Out's inaugural DRIVE OUT CHILDHOOD CANCER event at M1 benefitting DC Strong! It was a fun-filled day at the track for all, especially our special guests: DC Strong Warriors and their families, battling childhood cancer.
Special thanks to our generous sponsors: Champion, Pep Boys, Titan Wealth Advisors, The Productivity Team, and Oswald!!
COCKTAILS FOR CONFIDENCE raises $1750 for ROCHESTER COMMUNITY HOUSE!
Friday, September 29, 2017, Penny Black Grill & Tap, Rochester MI
Penny Black Grill & Tap in Rochester, MI hosted our second Cocktails for Confidence event on Friday September 29th! The fun evening with guest bartenders (well, "minglers" really): Paula Tutman - reporter for WDIV, Ralph Gilles - Head of Global Design at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, and our very own Project Beautiful - Inside & Out President and Rochester City Council Candidate, Nancy Salvia, raised $1750 for the Rochester Community House!! The funds will sponsor flowers and decorations for low-cost weddings at the Community House for couples in transition.
Thanks to all our friends for the support!
WHAT AN AMAZING 2017 FOR PROJECT BEAUTIFUL - INSIDE AND OUT!
SIMPLY WOW! A big thank you to all the friends and supporters that have made 2017 such an amazing year so far for Project Beautiful - Inside and Out! Here are highlights, please click each event for details and event photos:
- January 2017 - Middlecott Sketchbattle raised over $6000 for our general fund!
- January 2017 - AutoShow Talk and Walk treated 25 teens from foster care and shelters to lunch, a career talk and the North American International Auto Show with 10 auto industry professionals.
- January 2017 - Let's Do Lunch! where we treated the special needs employees at Cooper Street Cookies to a catered lunch from Vinsetta Garage and two movie passes each!
- March 2017 - Art&Soul Shopping Spree treated 20 foster children to a shopping spree at Kohl's where they each got to spend $200, plus Ray's Ice Cream!
- March 2017 - Bloomfield Community Television's "About You" where Executive Director, Doris Gilles, appeared and discussed Project Beautiful - Inside and Out's start and mission.
- April 2017 - Project One's Who's Your Bartender? where along with 11 other teams of bartenders, we helped raise $75,000!!!, $45,000 of which was distributed to the charities.
- April 2017 - Rainbow Cabaret where we raised $40,000 for The Ruth Ellis Center, supporting homeless LGBTQ youth in Detroit!
- April 2017 - Panties in a Bunch Brunch! attended by over 60 friends bringing donations for our Mother's Day efforts!
- May 2017 - Mother's Day where we supported three domestic violence shelters with gift bags for the moms, brunch on Mother's Day, Needs List item donations, and a donation of $1500 per shelter for project of their choosing.
- June 2017 - United Community Family Services a U.S. government approved social services agency to whom we donated $2000 for new mattresses for their refugee clients.
- June 2017 - Cocktails for a Cause at Penny Black Bar & Grille in Rochester where guest bartenders Paula Tutman and Ralph Gilles raised nearly $2100 for Project Beautiful - Inside & Out!
- June 2017 - Pure Romance Happy Hour hosted by Vivian Pickard and Jessie Elliott raised another $1500 for Ruth Ellis Center!
- July 2017 - Concours d'Elegance of America at The Inn at St. John's Saturday Luncheon Partner! Results to be shared soon!
- September 2017 - Cocktails for Confidence at Penny Black in Rochester raise $1750 for the Rochester Community House!
- October 2017 - Drive Out Childhood Cancer at M1 Concourse raised $7000 for DC Strong!
- November 2017 - Class for a Cause by Pure Barre Rochester raises $715 for Project Beautiful - Inside and Out programs!
We are excited to do even more in 2018 to support individuals and families as they rebuild their lives!
- Tuesday 1/16/18, 7-11pm - Sketchbattle at St. Andrews Hall!
- Sunday 4/29/18 - Panties in a Bunch Brunch!
- Saturday 7/28/18 - Concours d'Elegance of America Luncheon!