MIDDLECOTT SKETCHBATTLE EXPERIMENT
January 12, 2016 at Tangent Gallery, Detroit MI
Benefiting Project Beautiful - Inside and Out
A HUGE thank you to the Middlecott Sketchbattle Experiment™ (put on by Brook Middlecott Banham and Frank Schwartz), for raising $3000 for Project Beautiful - Inside and Out on January 12, 2016 at their seventh annual event! This was a fun, unique night during Detroit Auto Show Week! Fourteen contestants competed in three half-hour sketching rounds, ending with Omar Gonzales from California being crowned the winner! Project Beautiful - Inside and Out received donations from ticket sales, celebrity sketches for party guests, guests sketching on a vintage VW Bus, and from donations for prints from FCA and Ford.
Additional thanks to:
- event sponsors (BASF, Middlecott Design, and Advanced Automotive Consulting Services),
- the fourteen contestants,
- the judges - Ralph Gilles from FCA, Bregt Ectors of GM, Kemal Curic of Ford and Paul Czornij of BASF,
- the celebrity sketchers - artist/designer Camilo Pardo, David McCall and Colin Bonathan (exterior and interior designers from the 2017 Ford GT) and Alikhan Kuldjanov (Assistant Chief Interiors designer at GM),
- Curt Snyder for letting his VW Bus be a canvas,
- FCA and Ford for print donations, and
- of course - all the party guests!!
Click here for a more detailed write-up of the event!
Looking forward to 2017!!
Photo Credits: Ingo Rautenberg, Ed Ballots, Jon Adams