MOTHER'S DAY 2017
Benefiting 3 Domestic Violence Shelters in Metro Detroit: First Step, Haven and Turning Point
Project Beautiful - Inside and Out is proud this Mother's Day to more than double our reach from Mother's Day 2016! We supported three domestic violence shelters in Metro Detroit - First Step in Wayne County, Haven in Oakland County, and Turning Point in Macomb County!
We contributions in four ways:
- Mother's Day Brunch for the 150 moms and children at the three shelters. Special thanks to:
- Turning Point - Debbie Parent for leading and coordinating efforts, and Michalene Grifka for preparing and donating the brunch!
- Haven - Meghan Johnson for leading and coordinating efforts, and Leo's Coney Island- White Lake and Waterford (Jim Christopher) for donating the brunch!
- All the volunteers that helped set up and serve brunch!
- Gift bags for the 65 moms at the three shelters valued at $100 each. Special thanks to:
- Jane Cosmetics that donated cosmetics gift sets,
- Lisa Sikorski Formosa for donating and organizing sponsors for 71 Origami Owl charm necklaces,
- Lisa Darrah and friends for donations of bags from Thirty-One!
- Board Member Natasha Milosavlevski for leading the donation and gift bag organization process and to all the volunteers that helped!
- Board Member Allison Martin for hosting our Panties in a Bunch Brunch to collect items for the gift bags and needs lists.
- The following Needs List items distributed evenly amongst the three shelters:
- 40 Bras , 145 Panties, 100+ pairs of kids socks
- Much needed African-American hair care products including: 45 Shampoo/conditioner sets , 37 Hair masks/oil , 58 Hair brushes/combs, 24 Hair caps/bonnets, 200 hairs ties, 1271 bobby pins
- 841 diapers and 14+ boxes of baby wipes
- 1000+ feminine hygiene products + 25 deodorants
- 48 packages of Swedish Coffee and 96 packages of Swedish Tea donated by Scandinavian House of Brands
- plus more!!
- $1500 donation to each shelter for project of their choice:
- First Step - to go towards repairs and beautification projects
- Haven - to go towards pet shelter to be built on-site
- Turning Point - to fund raised garden beds to teach the children where food comes from
Mother's Day is one of the most important days of the year for Project Beautiful - Inside and Out. We are looking forward to doing even more in 2018!