OVER $80,000 INFUSED INTO METRO DETROIT IN 2017 by Project Beautiful - Inside & Out!
SIMPLY WOW! A big thank you to all the friends and supporters that helped make 2017 such an amazing year for Project Beautiful - Inside and Out! We were able to infuse into Metro Detroit over $80,000 in tangible gifts and donations to individuals and organizations -- inspiring hope, building confidence, and creating special moments that bring smiles to individuals when they need it most!
Here are highlights, please click each event for details and event photos:
- January 2017 - Middlecott Sketchbattle raised over $6000 for our general fund!
- January 2017 - AutoShow Talk and Walk treated 25 teens from foster care and shelters to lunch, a career talk and the North American International Auto Show with 10 auto industry professionals.
- January 2017 - Let's Do Lunch! where we treated the special needs employees at Cooper Street Cookies to a catered lunch from Vinsetta Garage and two movie passes each!
- March 2017 - Art&Soul Shopping Spree treated 20 foster children to a shopping spree at Kohl's where they each got to spend $200, plus Ray's Ice Cream!
- March 2017 - Bloomfield Community Television's "About You" where Executive Director, Doris Gilles, appeared and discussed Project Beautiful - Inside and Out's start and mission.
- April 2017 - Project One's Who's Your Bartender? where along with 11 other teams of bartenders, we helped raise $75,000!!!, $45,000 of which was distributed to the charities.
- April 2017 - Rainbow Cabaret where we raised $40,000 for The Ruth Ellis Center, supporting homeless LGBTQ youth in Detroit!
- April 2017 - Panties in a Bunch Brunch! attended by over 60 friends bringing donations for our Mother's Day efforts!
- May 2017 - Mother's Day where we supported three domestic violence shelters with gift bags for the moms, brunch on Mother's Day, Needs List item donations, and a donation of $1500 per shelter for project of their choosing.
- June 2017 - United Community Family Services a U.S. government approved social services agency to whom we donated $2000 for new mattresses for their refugee clients.
- June 2017 - Cocktails for a Cause at Penny Black Bar & Grille in Rochester where guest bartenders Paula Tutman and Ralph Gilles raised nearly $2100 for Project Beautiful - Inside & Out!
- June 2017 - Pure Romance Happy Hour hosted by Vivian Pickard and Jessie Elliott raised another $1500 for Ruth Ellis Center!
- July 2017 - Concours d'Elegance of America at The Inn at St. John's - their Saturday Luncheon raised nearly $10,000 for Project Beautiful - Inside & Out!
- September 2017 - Cocktails for Confidence at Penny Black in Rochester raise $1750 for the Rochester Community House!
- October 2017 - Drive Out Childhood Cancer at M1 Concourse raised $7000 for DC Strong!
- November 2017 - Class for a Cause by Pure Barre Rochester raises $715 for Project Beautiful - Inside and Out programs!
- December 2017 - 20,000 Smiles donates $2,000 each to 10 Metro Detroit Non-Profit Organizations!
We are excited to do even more in 2018 to support individuals and families as they rebuild their lives!