MIDDLECOTT SKETCHBATTLE EXPERIMENT
January 10, 2017 at Garden Theater, Detroit MI
Benefiting Project Beautiful - Inside and Out
Project Beautiful - Inside and Out was honored to be the benefitting charity at the Middlecott Sketchbattle Experiment in Detroit for a second year in a row! The hard work of event organizers Brook Middlecott Banham and Frank Schwartz with AACS - Advanced Automotive Consulting Services - resulted in over $6,000 raised -- more than double proceeds from last year!
Congratulations to Casey Swanseger, GM Designer, who beat out 16 student and professional contestants in this grudge match, sketch-off design competition, to win a $2500 cash prize!
Special thanks to:
- Presenting sponsor BASF and supporting partners Kurz USA, Lacks Trim Systems, ABC Group, Covestro, Linkage Design and M1 Concourse.
- Event organizers, Brook & Judith Banham, and Frank Schwartz,
- The seventeen contestants,
- The judges: Doyle Letson, Chief Design Interiors at Ford; Marc Mainville, Design Manager at GM; the and Camilo Pardo.
- Silent Auction and Buy It Now Item donors that brought in over $2,500!:
- Munk's Motors for getting a vintage Porsche 912 for party guests to sketch on for donations to Project Beautiful - Inside and Out!
- And of course - all the party guests!!
Here's a nice write-up from Jalopnik!
Looking forward to 2018!!
photo credits: Ingo Rautenberg, Brad Zieglar and Jon Adams.