MOTHER'S DAY 2018 - $24,000 TO 4 METRO DETROIT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SHELTERS
Benefiting: First Step, Haven, Interim House and Turning Point
Project Beautiful - Inside and Out's Mother's Day Program, one of our largest undertakings of the year, gifted $24,000 worth of donations to 4 Metro Detroit domestic violence shelters this Mother's Day! We helped make Mother's Day special for the 100 women and their families at First Step in Wayne County, Haven in Oakland County, Interim House in Detroit, and Turning Point in Macomb County.
Our contributions consisted of a catered brunch for the women and their families, gift bags for the women valued at $100+, $1000 - $1500 worth of needs list items to each shelter (personal, beauty and baby care items, feminine hygiene items, bras, panties, PJ's, cleaning products and more), and a donation of $1500 per shelter for a project of their choice. First Step's donation went to beautification of the grounds, Haven - new mattresses, Turning Point (special gift of $2500) - new mattresses, and Interim House - new windows.
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- Zella’s Bakery – Catering Sponsor, First Step and Interim House Brunches
- Katzkin Automotive Leather – Catering Sponsor, Haven Brunch
- Michalene Grifka & Debbie Parent – Catering Sponsor, Turning Point Brunch
- Cindy Haebler / Pure Romance – Gift Bag Fragrance Sponsor
- Benita Coursen / Paparazzi – Gift Bag Jewelry Sponsor
- All the volunteers that brought in and served brunch
- And all of our friends that donated on-line and at our "Panties in a Bunch!" Brunch!